WHAT IS USBORNE BOOKS & MORE?
Distributing books through thousands of independent consultants, Usborne Books & More sells directly to the consumer via home shows, direct sales, book fairs, and web sites. Also, when registered as an Educational Service Representative, consultants may sell to schools and libraries.
BOOKS CHANGE LIVES
Reading is not optional… Kids who don’t read are condemned to living a lesser life…. Because books change lives…. Always, always, always for the better.
Children’s books lift kids up, they empower them, they also keep kids grounded, books are how kids how to escape…. Books show kids how to survive, and also how to thrive… Children’s books are an opportunity for a great life, not a lesser one. Books don’t just help kids become who they are going to be, books make them better. They just do. And kids who read, make the world better. That’s why children’s books are important.
Are they all created equal? No there is such a think as a good book, but the truth is good books come in all shapes and sizes and colors, all subjects and themes and genres…. just like the kids they’re meant for…. Children’s books enrich lives.
― Kira Lynn, Editor, Kane Miller Publishing
NEW TITLES FOR SPRING 2018
Take a look at our latest titles. They come in all shapes and sizes and genres and themes. Something for every child!
“So please, oh please, we beg, we pray,
Go throw your TV set away,
And in its place you can install
A lovely bookshelf on the wall.
Then fill the shelves with lots of books.”
― Roald Dahl, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
TELL ME MORE ABOUT THE BOOKS
In 1989, the direct selling division of EDC was created to concentrate exclusively on selling Usborne books, beginning in the United States by President and CEO Randall White.
In late 2008, EDC acquired Kane Miller Publishing, an internationally known publisher of children’s books with over 20 years in the industry. Kane Miller picture books and fiction series come from all over the world to bring a different feel, culture, or just a silly story that kids everywhere can enjoy.
Usborne and Kane Miller books are the most exciting, engaging, and educational books on the market today. They are high quality, innovative, lavishly-illustrated and best of all they are the books kids love to read.
Choose from almost 2000 bright colorful and fun titles covering a wide variety of subjects.
CHECK OUT OUR SPRING 2018 CATALOGS
What began as a love for our amazing books, has now turned into a force of nature. Ever since I got my hands on our Paper Planes to Fold and Fly, 50 Science Things to Make and Do, and Illustrated Fairy Tales — I was HOOKED!! I love bringing high quality literature into our home every quarter. I love that my own children are excited to read the next page, the next book, the next adventure.
Why do I sell Usborne Books & More?
- I own my time! I work my business the way I want and when I want!
- There is NO limit to what I can earn!
- The amazing women who work alongside me!
- Communicating with women all across the U.S. and creating lifelong friendships!
- Our wonderful home office, their support and their training!
- The smile on my children’s faces with every book box!
- The ability to pay for extracurriculars, our new van, and to help my family!
More about Amy….
I have a Masters in Elementary Education from the University of Michigan. I taught Kindergarten before deciding to stay home with my children when my first child was born. My husband and I have three children who are ages 7, 5, and 1.
I love to read! At times, I can be found sitting on the floor in front of my bookshelves, reading Usborne and Kane Miller children’s books in my spare time!
TOP TEN REASONS WE SHOULD READ TO OUR KIDS
- Being a proficient reader is the best indicator of success in school and in life.
- Reading aloud raises readers.
- Home environment where time is spent on the child’s interest in reading or writing, children are read to regularly, books, paper, and pencil are available.
- Picture books for every grade level.
- Fathers read aloud!
- Silent reading is encouraged.
- Access to books for all children at all times.
- Not hindering or relying on technology.
- Limiting screen time.
- Keep it interesting and engaging.
List borrowed from the Nerdy Book Club.